Friday, April 8, 2011

It's Been A While

My dear blog, I have been neglecting you, and for that, I am terribly sorry.

I wish I could go over everything that happened, but sadly my memory can't handle every awesome detail. But here are some of the highlights.
  • I was published again! OutLoud published my review for Streetlight Manifesto, and I got my check and three copies in the mail.  I realized how much my editors can change what I've written; one line in particular was given different punctuation which drastically changed the infliction I was trying to give. I am not exactly "proud" of this review, and only two of my photos were put in the magazine, but on principle alone, it's still pretty awesome.
  • My laptop is in recovery. Afraid to have it on for extended periods of time, I'm trying to backup all of my important files first. Right now, I'm backing up music files onto CDs, and next will be photos that I haven't already uploaded to Facebook. Whenever I get a steady paying job, I intend on buying a new laptop. Hopefully it will be before my current one crashes completely and will make the file transfer process much easier. Possibly.
  • Before my laptop initially crashed, I was at a concert where I discovered how to do my Ghost photos that I mentioned in an earlier post. Not only have I recovered those photos (and finally sent them to the respective bands) but at a show on Sunday, I discovered how exactly I got that effect. I am now proud to say I have started my 3rd(?) series of photos, which I have already titled "Ghosts from the Pit." I am very, very glad to have that again.
  • One last major point: I now have a Breadth AND Concentration. Between my AP backup, already printed out ex-concentration pieces, and new photos, I have been able to recreate my Breadth which is to be uploaded early next week. And as far as my Concentration, I am actually ecstatic. My original idea was fun, but not visually cohesive and had no progression. But now, I've been told that due to my controlled lighting and tendency to favor the right side of the frame, my photos are cohessive, I have found Visual Voice, and there is some progression.
I have quite honestly pulled an entire year of AP work out of my... Hat. ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment